If you are considering a move to Georgia, be sure to check out this list of 5 surprising things we hear from clients who have moved here!
1. Southern Hospitality! People are often pleasantly surprised by the warm and friendly demeanor of many locals, which we refer to as good 'ole "Southern hospitality"! People in Georgia tend to be welcoming and kind, making newcomers feel at home- we have had many out-of-state clients comment that they thought this was exaggerated in the movies!
2. Natural Beauty! Many are surprised by the natural beauty Georgia has to offer, but we truly have it all! From the stunning landscapes of the Blue Ridge Mountains (if you would like more information on top cities in North Georgia, stay tuned, or give us a call!), to the coastal beauty of areas like Savannah, the state's diverse geography is a pleasant surprise!
3. Festivals and Events! From music and arts, food and drink, cultural and heritage, and seasonal festivities, there is something for everyone! New residents are often surprised by the variety, and enjoy stopping by the small town farmers markets and antique festivals, while still having easy access to the hustle and bustle of Atlanta's impressive options (*hint* if you live in the Northeast GA and surrounding areas, peak at our IG stories on Fridays, where we share events like these happening that weekend!).
4. Traffic in Atlanta! If you're moving to or around Atlanta, you might be taken aback by the traffic. The city is known for its congested highways and busy roads, which can be a significant adjustment if you're coming from a less densely populated area.
5. Culinary Scene! Georgia offers a diverse culinary experience, with traditional Southern comfort classics many clients said they expected, like biscuits and gravy, fried chicken, and more! But what surprised them was to also find a vibrant food scene of international cuisines, breweries, fusion selections, and with many thriving farmer's markets and locally sourced ingredients, farm-to-table dining experiences.
If you are moving to Georgia and have questions about specific areas and what they have to offer, we would love to chat!